Renewable and Reliable
Sunlight is a renewable energy source which can be converted into usable energy by solar panels. Solar photovoltaic (PV) panels directly convert solar energy into a usable form of energy using a PV cell containing a semiconductor material.
Benefits of Solar Power
- Solar energy is a clean and renewable energy source
- Once a solar panel is installed, solar energy can be produced free of charge
- Solar energy will last forever – whereas it is estimated that the world’s oil reserves will last for 30 to 40 years.
- Solar energy causes no pollution
- Solar cells make absolutely no noise at all – On the other hand, the giant machines utilized for pumping oil are extremely noisy and therefore very impractical.
- Very little maintenance is needed to keep solar cells running –
There are no moving parts in a solar cell which makes it impossible to really damage them.
- Many tax credits and advantages – The average home owner will receive two tax credits that will assist with the cost of the system. First they will receive up to 30% back as a tax credit, and second, if available they can receive a tax credit from their State.
- In the long term, there can be a high return on investment due to the amount of free energy a solar panel can produce – It is estimated that the average household will see a minimum 50% of their energy coming in from solar panels.
Making Conservation Beautiful
As our reliance on fossil fuels have started to increase, geothermal energy is seen as the new source of power generation by digging out the heat stored inside the earth. Though not used fully due to factors such as location and high costs but in the years to come when fossil fuels would start to diminish, it will turn out to be the cheapest source of power generation.
Benefits of Geothermal Energy
- Significant Cost Saving – Geothermal energy generally involves low running costs since it saves 80% costs over fossil fuels and no fuel is used to generate the power. Since, no fuel is require so costs for purchasing, transporting and cleaning up plants is quite low.
- Reduce Reliance on Fossil Fuels – Dependence on fossil fuels decreases with the increase in the use of geothermal energy. With the sky-rocketing prices of oil, many countries are pushing companies to adopt these clean sources of energy. Burning of fossil fuels releases greenhouse gases which are responsible for global warming.
- No Pollution – This is one of the main advantages of using geothermal energy since it does not create any pollution and help in creating clean environment. Being the renewable source of energy, geothermal energy has helped in reducing global warming and pollution. Moreover, Geothermal systems does not create any pollution as it releases some gases from deep within the earth which are not very harmful to the environment.
- Direct Use – Since ancient times, people having been using this source of energy for taking bath, heating homes, preparing food and today this is also used for direct heating of homes and offices. This makes geothermal energy cheaper and affordable. Although the initial investment is quite steep but in the long run with huge cost saving it proves quite useful.
- Job Creation and Economic Benefits – Government of various countries are investing hugely in creation of geothermal energy which on other hand has created more jobs for the local people.